Friday, June 26, 2009

Girl Hair 101

I have been so excited to see Kate's hair grow longer over these last few months, and at the same time kind of freaked out because I don't know how to do little girl hair! I can barely do my own hair for goodness sake! So we have been experimenting a little bit.....




This is the standard fallback hairstyle we resort to most of the time. I just stick a barrette in to get the hair out of her eyes. It looks cute and Kate doesn't fight me on it which is a plus.


Lately I have been doing a lot of the one little pony tail on top. I have usually about 15 seconds before Kate starts squirming and/or running away, so it gives me very little time to practice or get the part straight. And then she inevitably pulls the elastic out and her hair sticks out every which way and looks crazy.


We just barely pulled off pigtails for the first time the other day.....I love them!


Any advice for me? How do I get her to sit still, how do I get those elastics to stay put in her hair? Help me!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I know nothing about hair (obviously) either. But, Kates hair always looks so cute to me! I can't wait to see what Nila's will look like.

Sandra said...

I love pigtails! I put them in Kelsie's hair like 95% of the time. I have struggled doing her hair because it is so different than mine and Abby's. We have a lot of it and it is thick. She has a good amount of hair, but it is so fine! Good luck with her hair, I think all the pictures are cute!!

Lisa said...

Looks to me like you are doing a great job on the hair! I agree, the pig tail are absolute adorable. My secret- threaten them with their lives.

NaDell said...

Let her hold something or do her hair while she sits on your lap while she watches PBS or something.
I think she's adorable any way you do her hair!

Marci said...

I recommend bribing the child with something she likes -- favorite movie, fun snack, good book... whatever works for her. I also used the Bumbo forever because it encouraged less squirming. As for the elastics, there are some great options for young girls that are ouchless but have great grab so they don't come out as easily. Good luck!!

Jen I said...

So cute to see her growing up! I LOVE the pigtails!! As much as I know hair, I don't even know anything about little girl hair. I WISH I had a little girl to put pigtails in!