Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hooray for the MBA!

I NEVER THOUGHT THIS DAY WOULD COME. Ok, I did know it would come, it just seemed so far away, like this unattainable goal off in the distance. Keith is done with school!!! It has been almost 3 years of night classes two nights a week. This means that Keith would usually put in a 15 hour day on those days (going to work at 6am, home from class by 9pm.) And then whenever he was home, there was the constant pressure of homework that needed to be done, papers that needed to be written, tests to study for, etc. At first I really enjoyed Keith being in school, it was kind of like me being in school vicariously and re-living my MBA experience. But that got old real quick. I wish I could say I was the wife who never ever complained, but sadly that is not the case :( Oh well, the great part is that it's over and Keith has his MBA. I am so so proud of him, not just for the accomplishment but for the crazy life he's had to live to get there.

Here are a few pictures, one from Keith's first day of school, and then a few from his last. I don't know why Connor isn't in the first picture, he was a year old at the time.....maybe he was taking a nap?? Amazing to see how much things can change in three years.....Cameron is now six years old (as of today!!) That means I am REALLY old.





6 comments:

NaDell said...

YEA!!! And Happy Birthday, Cameron! We sure miss you in Washington, The State.

Alice-Anne said...

What a great feeling to be done! Congratulations to you both!

The Bostons said...

Keith looks kind of scared in the first picture... There is definitely joy behind his smile this week! Congratulations!!!

lindsy said...

yeah! CONGRATULATIONS! that has to feel soooo good to be done!

Sandra said...

Congratultions to you both! That is a huge accomplishment and it is so demanding for the whole family (having a parent in school and working). I am so happy for you!!

Happy Birthday to Cameron! I can't believe how fast these kids are growing up! If I had my way I think I'd have them stay little for a bit longer. :)

Jen I said...

Wow. Done with school!?! What would that be like? :) That is so exciting. Reading about those days of his - oh man. And when you said he got home and then there was the pressure to - I thought you were going to say "help out with the family" but homework? See - you didn't do TOO bad complaining - that would have been what I would have said! I can't believe YOU'VE done all those long days by yourself with the kids. Congrats to both of you.