Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Star Wars and Surprises

OK, so I am a few weeks late on this, but we've had a lot going on - parties, a funeral, a wedding, missionary farewell, travelling, etc. Cameron turned 6 on June 25th. (It seems like a long time ago because that was the day Michael Jackson died and doesn't it seem like he's been in the news for MONTHS already??? ) Anyway, we had a little family party.....




(Kate looks like she is trying to strangle him here....)


And then on Saturday he had 9 (yes 9!) of his friends over for a Star Wars party....
We made light sabers from swim noodles we bought at the dollar store. The kids loved them, and it was great because they could whack eachother pretty hard and not get hurt.


Making their own spaceships.....

Eating cupcakes and drinking Yoda Soda. It was a Perfect Day!



What made the day even better was the SURPRISE graduation party we had for Keith. I have absolutely no idea how I kept this secret for several weeks - I am HORRIBLE with secrets/surprises. Our friends the Sullivans had a BBQ at their house and Keith thought it was a birthday party for their little girl. It was SO hysterical to see the look on his face when he saw all the people from work and then the big balloons with "Congrats Grad" written on them and realized the party was for him. I loved it!!!
I cut up Keith's graduation cake before I got a picture of it (argh!!) but here is a shot of several of the group outside eating....


Next time I get a minute I'll put pictures up of ourUtah/Idaho trip :)

4 comments:

NaDell said...

It's so green and pretty there.
It's weird to see your couches in a different house. =(
That Star Wars party looks pretty cool! Great ideas!
I'm glad you could surprise Keith. Sounds like you all got a kick out of it.

Sandra said...

Looks like a great party! I love the light saber with swim noodles, how creative, and yoda soda. Really cute.
That is great that you got to surprise Keith, I am not very good at surprises either. Seems like Adam always finds out.

Seriously... said...

This is Dustin. You hurt my feelings.

Alice-Anne said...

you are so good at parties...I need to write down your ideas! Of course, it will probably be awhile before we have anything that resembles a Star Wars party at our house! I can't believe you had 9! I had 4 over the other night for Kenna and that was almost too much! :) Way to be a cool mom! So fun to see you guys...it feels like it had a month ago instead of two weeks ago!