Thursday, July 23, 2009

Let Freedom Ring

Gotta love the Provo Freedom Festival. We've been away for several years, so it was fun to make it back for some of the festivities. We checked out the hot air balloon launch the morning of the 3rd, it was neat to see all the balloons taking off...



My favorite balloon....

Off they go!

On the evening of the 4th we watched the fireworks from the roof of the office building where my dad works. It's adjacent to the hospital and about 5 stories tall (the hospital is 6 I think??) but anyway, they are two tallest buildings anywhere in the vicinity. So right before the fireworks are going to start the wind picks up and we start seeing lightning out to the west of us. It kind of made me feel like a sitting duck on top of the building, so we were kind of nervous, but we managed to stick around for the fireworks and then we were out of there!!




I didn't get too many pictures on the roof, I was busy taking pics with Molly's Nikon D5000. We're considering getting one like that, or similar, but I don't know about all that $$$ for a camera, plus they are just kind of big and bulky. But I LOVE taking pictures, and it's been on my mind for years.
Another fun part of our trip was the swimming pool by my dad's house. We spent a lot of time out there and it was so much fun.


My dad playing in the water with Kate. She floated in her little lilypad for hours it seemed like.
Part 2 will be up soon!!

1 comments:

Sandra said...

Love the pig and tigger hot air balloons!
Looks like you guys had a great time on your vacation!
You do need the Nikon SLR. We have one and that was my complaint - too big and bulky. But I LOVE it now and will NEVER got back to a point and shoot. The quality doesn't even compare. I love taking pictures now! It's worth the money and if you do your research I bet you can find one on a good sale.