Sunday, January 3, 2010

Jingle all the way

I am still kind of in shock that Christmas is over and it's January already. A new year and a new decade........when did this happen?? But anyway, we had a great Christmas. So nice to stay at home this year, because travelling around the holidays is torture. The bummer of that of course being that we didn't get to see all the family we wanted to. My dad and Camille did come for a bit right before Christmas, and then my brother Dave was here for our not-so-white Christmas (it rained. ironically.....) The kids got more than their fair share of loot and I am already losing my mind over all the toys all over the house. I am about ready to throw it all out!


Making a gingerbread village, complete with skyacraper (which might have been taller had we not run out of graham crackers.....)


I love Christmas trees :)


Kids hanging out with Uncle Dave. I was pretty sure he enjoyed his time here, but the look on his face might be telling a different story.....


Ugh there is too much going on in this picture, I can't even look at it!


Kate with two of her favorite things - Daddy and Elmo!


Putting together one of MANY MANY lego sets.

3 comments:

NaDell said...

Looks like a great Christmas! I'm with you on the toys everywhere thing. I'm tired of them too. On the other hand, I just can't throw any out because most of them are part of a set, like ponies, polly pockets, cars, little people, etc. I can't do it. Maybe I'll put some of it away one of these days.....but probably not. I'll just keep yelling at the kids to clean it up right before Andy gets home from work.

Seriously... said...

we had a lego christmas as well. i keep thinking about you the last few days, and keep meaning to call, but can't ever find a solid few minutes. hope you're doing well. it was fun seeing a picture of Dave, i haven't seen him in years. call me if you get a minute....i'll try to do the same. p.s. i like your gingerbread village. very cute.

Annie said...

I'm so glad you had a good Christmas. I agree, travelling over the holidays, with kids is torture! I'm glad we didn't have to do that this year. I feel for you, with your uncertainties this year, that was how 2009 was for us, and we are just now starting to feel settled... good luck!