Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I think I must be crazy.....

This is the day I have been dreading for a long time - sending Cameron off to his first day of school. I still remember MY first day of Kindergarten (many many many years ago) - I was walking with my mom and she was sobbing the whole way to my classroom and I was SO EMBARRASSED. So I vowed not to do this and embarrass Cameron. He really wanted to ride the bus so we waited patiently by the bus stop and the whole time I am thinking DON'T TAKE MY BABY AWAY FROM ME! When the bus pulled up Cameron got the hugest smile on his face and jumped right on that bus, never looking back. The rest is just a blur for me. The bus pulled away and I stood there just feeling so empty inside, and I panicked at the thought of going home, so I just started walking (almost running) towards his school. Luckily for me the school is only 3-4 blocks away, so I arrived there in about five minutes, still not sure of what I was doing there. I was able to see Cameron at the front of the school in the kindergarten line, and he looked really excited and happy to be there, That was enough for me, I felt so much better. I still hung around - with a lot of other anxious parents, I might add - until the kids went inside, but I stayed out of Cameron's eyesight until right as he was about to go in, when I yelled his name and waved. He gave me a bewildered look, undoubtedly wondering what I was doing there, but he just smiled and went on his way. After school Cameron told me all about his first day of Kindergarten and he loved every minute of it. Whew! What a day.......


Does he look excited for the first day of school, or what?!



At the bus stop, patiently waiting.....



At school in line with the other kindergarteners. At this point he has no idea I'm there :)



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you have a way cute blog! The kids look cute, of course! I am so glad that we get to hang out and that we are friends. I think Wisconsin would be horrible if it weren't for you guys!

Kate said...

oh my! he looks like such a big boy! You may have to walk me through Gabes first day next year :)

Seriously... said...

yeah!!! i'm glad you're blogging. it's a nice way to stay in touch. You're kids are getting so big, especially conner!!! he just looks old to me. this summer flew for me as well (even though i was living with my parents!!!). We are moving into a house next week though....just renting...AGAIN. oh well. i'll call you soon...

Annie said...

I was laughing at the thought of you running behind the bus and showing up at the school. I feel for you. Jacob starts kindergarten on monday. I'm hoping it won't be so bad for me because he is attending kindergarten at the same school as his pre-school, so it will be more familiar. Also, he's been such a booger lately that I'm really excited for school to start. :)