Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to Kate!!

My baby is 1, I can't believe it! We just had a family party, princess-theme (at the insistence of Kate's brothers, they were fairly confident that's what she would like.....)




OK, so I'm not a pro with birthday cakes, but it works, right? You can see the spot where Kate had already attacked it :)



Yum!!


I bought her a doll because I just realized recently that all she has to play with are Hot Wheels and Transformers (sorry Kate!) She seemed really excited about the doll for about 2 seconds (just in time to take this picture) and then she grabbed it by the leg, tossed it across the room, and headed right back over to her FAVORITE TOY, the........


Busy Ball Popper!!! Now is that a happy kid, or what?

11 comments:

lindsy said...

No way! She can't be 1 yet, that means wyatt will be turning 1 soon too. crazy. cute pictures and love the cake =)

Sandra said...

Such a darling girl! I love the pictures - her smile is so cute. I like the cake, you did a great job!!

The Bostons said...

Happy Birthday to Kate! I'm so glad you are a blogger now!!!
Your cake looks great... I bet the frosting was delicious! :)

Unknown said...

That is such a cute picture of Kate with the ball popper. I swear that is the best toy ever!!!

Alice-Anne said...

She's grown up even since July! Looks like a fun party. We're giving Spencer the same toy (the ball popper--not the doll...unlike you, we have plenty of those!:) for his birthday. Is she walking yet?

Darcy said...

Wow one already!!! She is too cute. Love the last picture!! All Zander wants for Christmas is transformers and superheros. He would love your house!!!

Annie said...

Happy Birthday Kate!That's a good looking cake by the way. I love that the boys picked the princess theme for her, what sweet brothers.

Jen I said...

Yeah, wow. I can't believe she's already a year old. I guess time really flies when you're not around!

Anonymous said...

I wish we could have been at the party....what a cute "big" girl, that year went really fast....I can't wait to see the family at christmas, is it too early to start a count down?

Kate said...

Happy birthday kate!!
We got nolan the ball popper and it is still a huge hit a year later :)
I will call you soon! Call me if you remember first!

Ashlee Marie said...

Ahhh, the joy of first birthdays! How sweet that her brothers picked princess for her. Thanks for the blog invite.