Monday, October 6, 2008

Hooray for kindergarten!

I was a little worried at the start of the school year about a few things, like how would Cameron handle being in school ALL day? How would I handle Cameron being in school ALL day? But it's actually kind of nice sometimes to have him in school (Shhhhh...don't tell him I said that!) It's nice because then I only have two kids during the day and the house just seems that much quieter. It makes running errands a little less crazy as well, plus when we're out I don't get as many amazed looks and the comments like "Whoa, you must have your hands full!" (I've never known how to respond to that one, I always just kind of smile and say "yep, I do!" I bet this doesn't happen in Utah.....but anyway, I digress.) I love the fact that I get to spend some one on one time with Connor that we've never really had before. He is such a fun cool kid and we do a lot of fun things during the day. And then Connor has preschool for a few hours a couple days a week, and then it is just me and Kate (!!!) So yes, things are going well :)


Connor dressed up for "beach day" at his preschool. He looks forward to every Tuesday and Thursday when he gets to go to school.


Cameron's kindergarten picture. Isn't he adorable??? He was picked as student of the month for the month of September. I asked him why the teacher chose him, and he said it was for "being good and doing good stuff." So there you have it.

4 comments:

NaDell said...

Cameron is soooooo adorable!
I think the "you have your hands full" comments happen everywhere, even if your kids are being the best they've ever been. I am always surprised by it too. I was even asked by a checker at a store which of my kids was an accident. Like, WHAT?! Um they're almost exactly 2 1/2 years apart. NONE OF THEM! Others tell me how they could never handle three kids and ask if I'm going to have more. It's so strange. I only have three. Maybe my kids are better than your one because I take care of them? Maybe.
Sorry, this is kind of a touching subject sometimes.

Anonymous said...

we can't wait to see you guys...they get bigger in ever new picture we see.

H. said...

You have cute kids! It was funny because one day I was wrestling 3 kids into the grocery store and someone said, "you sure have your hands full" and I looked around and realized, "I do." It was the first time I realized that yes, my hands are FULL! and that's okay.

Darcy said...

I can't wait for the day when Zander get to go to school. He will miss the cut of this year so I have a long time. He is going to be so bored in preschool next year because he will know everything. Oh well that is life when you miss the cut off.