Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Door County in a day and a half....

We recently took a weekend trip to the much acclaimed Door County. It really is as quaint and picturesque as I imagined it would be - my pictures don't do it justice. We drove through many of the small towns - Egg Harbor, Fish Creek, Ephraim, Sister Bay, to name a few.
We also....

saw two lighthouses.....


hiked on the trails and by the water....

threw rocks in the bay....


stood under a very large cow (hey, we are in Wisconsin....)

enjoyed the view.....


played at several fun playgrounds......


rode pedal carts.....


enjoyed the scenery at Cave Point (and tried not to fall in the water....)





and ate at a Swedish restaurant......that was a must for me, the restaurant had goats on the roof so we had to see it!!

7 comments:

NaDell said...

WOW! That sounds so fun! How far is that from your house?
What kinds of things did you eat at the Swedish restaurant?
I love the pictures!

Alice-Anne said...

It looks gorgeous! Good for you for seeing the sights and a true Wisconsin cow!
your kids are growing up so fast...can't get over it!

Annie said...

What a busy day! That restaraunt looks cool! My kids woould think that is so funny to see goats on the roof! Heck , I think that is funny to see goats on the roof!

lindsy said...

I can't believe we never made it up to Door County. Might have to come back just to do that. Looks like you guys had a fun trip!

Sandra said...

I love the pictures! You live in a great part of the country. Your family is beautiful. :)

Darcy said...

looks like fun! We haven't been up there yet in our four years of living here. Maybe next year?

Jen I said...

Sweet! I think it was about this time last year that we did the same thing! Tried to cram it all in to a day or so and it was BEAUTIFUL.

By the way, I miss apple holler. I really liked that place.