Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cameron turns 7

Well I am a few weeks late on this but that's just been how my life is functioning lately. Cameron had his birthday a few weeks ago. We had a yummy ice cream cake from Dairy Queen that ended up being more for me than for him - he had one piece on his birthday then never wanted it after that, so I nibbled on it for days. Yum.






Cameron also wanted a Super Mario party (like Connor had), but for the older kids we decided it would be more of a water games party with less "themed" stuff. I always hold my breath for nice weather and luckily it worked out. Good thing because we had 12 boys at our party (including some extra boys I wasn't planning on!) Keith and I discovered that seven-year olds are easier to entertain and much lower maintenance than five-year olds. Cameron is at a great age!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMERON!!


As far as other news, things are finally starting to come together allowing us to plan ahead a little (which is always nice!) I have a scheduled induction date for July 22nd (oh my gosh that is SO SOON.) Unless I go into labor before then. Which is highly unlikely but you never know....
Anyway, the plan is for us to move the second week of August so the kids can start school on Aug 18th (I haven't broken the news to them yet that they are totally getting ripped off with a shortened summer vacation.) Now we just need to find a house in Indiana. And sell our house here. And get ready for the baby. Easy, right?

4 comments:

NaDell said...

Happy Birthday, Cameron! We miss you guys. It's been so long now.
Good luck with finding a place and the new baby and all that stuff. Connor is starting kindergarten this year, right?

Annie said...

Wow! Emily! Hang in there! Happy Birthday Cameron!

Alice-Anne said...

Cameron is looking SO grown-up. Wow! that cake looks delicious...you guys sure now how to pack in a summer, don't you. July 22nd...that's a week...wow, wow, wow! But I'm so glad you were able to finally get that scheduled and NOT have to wait until August. Yeah! Good luck with the other minor details (ie selling a house, buying a house, four kids, new job etc)
Oh and I just saw your comment on my blog...how crazy that they both had bee stings same day, same finger and all...cousin bonding, I guess.

lindsy said...

I just read your post and you said you were getting induced on the 22nd. How are things going?! Do you have a new handsome little guy?! Take it easy. I hope things go smoothly the next few weeks for you guys!