Wednesday, July 28, 2010

He's here!



Hooray! Baby Owen was born Thursday July 22nd at 5:41 am. He is SO CUTE. He was 6lbs 11 oz at birth, 20 1/2 inches long, and has a lot of dark hair. We can't tell who he looks like, although I think his coloring reminds me of Cameron and his face looks like Connor's did as a newborn. And he has long long fingers and toes, just like Kate. So he's got a little bit of all his siblings :)

I have embarrassingly few pictures, due to the fact that I have spent 3 of the last 6 days lying flat from an epidural complication (an epidural that was given too late to take effect by the way, which makes the whole situaton even more aggravating....) I'm feeling much better now, thank goodness. Keith's mom has been a life saver - I really don't know how we'd be functioning without her right now.

When I get a minute I'll write more about everything, including the middle-of-the-night hospital run, the tornado alert at the hospital, the flooding in our basement (it wasn't too much thank goodness!), and all the other juicy details.

All the kids together....





Welcome home!

7 comments:

Alice-Anne said...

I love his fat lips! So sorry about the epidural complication...especially when it was ineffective...how was non-medicated child-birth,btw? I was so happy to hear you were able to go on your own without being induced! I know you wanted that. Can't wait for your details...of course, I know you have other things to do...the minor details of packing, moving and selling a house...oh, yeah, and taking care of a newborn and trying to recover. So no rush. :) Glad Linda is there and I'm glad to hear Janelle will be coming soon!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see the cute little guy...Oh and I love the name Owen. I am glad Linda made it out there in time. I can't wait to hear all about it but I am glad that everything is going ok now..I wish we could come over and hold him but I hear Kate has been a big help as well. Let us know if you need anything. Talk to you later. Love you guys

NaDell said...

Adorable! Congratulations. What is his middle name?

Annie said...

congratulations! He is so adorable! I hope the rest of your life changes go more smoothly.

Megan said...

Congratulations, Emily (and family)
He is perfect. I love his hair and lips. I hope that life isn't too crazy! Take a break from it all and come to play group on Fri at Whitnall Park. We haven't seen you forever.

Jen I said...

Wow! Congratulations! It seems so crazy that I've been gone long enough for you to have another baby! Good luck with the move and everything.

lindsy said...

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to hear the whole story. I heard about all the crazy weather you guys had over there.