Tuesday, May 25, 2010

And we are moving to.......

I really really wish I could finish that sentence. The scenario changes every day, so even as I type this it is most likely going to be outdated. Maybe I'll put it as a timeline to show some of the ups and downs:


April: Keith flies out to Colorado Springs to interview at a Bechtel job in Pueblo. We are excited about living in Colorado, although I'm nervous about moving in May and having to find a new doctor at 7 months pregnant. Keith comes home and says he didn't like the job and doesn't want to do government work. So do we go JUST to be in a location we want to be in?


Mid-April: The project here says they really want him to stay until the fall, plus there will be some good advancement opportunities, etc. So we decide to stay. And I'm really happy about it, because there is a job in Las Vegas starting in the fall and it would be perfect timing to get into that job (a location we are excited about because we really want to be closer to family...)


1st week of May: While we are in New York, Keith is barraged with phone calls from his old boss, who is now at a job in Indiana. Apparently they REALLY want him there, and they want him now. It looks to be a really good career move, less hours (yay!) and an overall good opportunity. But they want him NOW. And it's in Indiana (the opposite direction of where we want to go.) Ugh.


2nd week of May: So we take a road trip to southern Indiana, and I realize the area isn't that bad, and after much consideration and me crying over the loss of my heading-out-west dream, Keith applies for the job.


3rd week of May: The Indiana job wants Keith by the middle of June (!!!) but I really don't want to move and find a new doctor at 8 months pregnant. Plus we need to get the house up for sale. There just isn't enough time. We sit tight and wait to see what is going to happen.


Today: I start packing up the extra toys and "stuff" in the boys room to get the house ready to sell. Keith talks to his boss here who says there is NO WAY he can leave this job until the fall, so Indiana most likely wont even be an option (where has this guy been for the last few weeks when all this negotiating was going on?!?) I am confused. I stop packing. And type this blog post (because I am not sure what I am supposed to be doing right now.)


Is this all crazy? Or is it just me?

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Yes, crazy!! Why can't life be easy!!! :)

Annie said...

yIKES! What a roller coaster! And things are even worse when pregnant! I hope you find your answer soon.

Alice-Anne said...

yes, roller coaster, INDEED! I can't believe all the ups and downs...it's nice that Keith is so wanted in all those places...now the timing just has to sort itself out. Wish we were closer to help! Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Isn't it nice to be wanted? Hang in there! I've been thinking about you. I hope you are feeling well!