Monday, May 10, 2010

Super Mario Madness

In all our trip craziness I never got around to posting anything about Connor's birthday. Yes he is now FIVE years old (and after he promised me he would stay 4 forever, how inconsiderate!) He wanted a Super Mario Brothers party, which didn't surprise me because he has been obsessed with the game for months now. Keith and I for some crazy reason love to plan these little kid parties, so we went all out - I pulled out my sewing machine after it sat for five years collecting dust and made Mario and Luigi hats, and Keith made three pinatas. Plus we dragged his parents into the craziness when they came into town and had them help us put together games, an obstacle course, etc. Ten little boys had a great time, and we were all EXHAUSTED by the end. I think it was a success :)


The boys with their hats and mustaches....


Pin the mustache on Mario!



Part of the obstacle course. The kids loved it and did it over and over (and over....)



Connor loved the obstacle course too.



With the Chain Chomp pinata. Cameron was an excellent helper at the party.



CUTE!



Cupcakes...yum!



Connor looking overwhelmed at all his presents...where to begin??



Ugh, now we have to plan Cameron's party.....maybe he'll be good with a couple of friends over to watch a movie? I can always hope!

2 comments:

Alice-Anne said...

what cool parents Connor has! What a lucky kid. Those hats/mustaches were so amazing! I'm very impressed. And I LOVE the obstacle course, using those boxes...I'm going to have to remember that. I can't believe you had 10 (!!) 4-5 year old boys...talk about craziness! Glad it was fun, glad you had help...glad--for your sake--it's over!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a blast...oh and while we were up in Idaho it was confirmed that your kids were great for them and they had such a fun time...Maybe they know that they don't have Sarah to tell otherwise. So no dirt, You have awsome kids!