Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Halloween

Lucky us, we had 3 opportunities to dress up and beg for candy this year. In our neighborhood last weekend, then at church during the week, then at a party on Halloween. We had a good time, but I'm glad it's over. Now we've just got to eat all the candy.....

Last year after Halloween I thought I was being so practical in buying a few costumes on clearance for the kids to use this year. I got Batman, Transformers, Incredible Hulk, basically all the cool superheroes. But a year changes a lot of things and this year the boys are all about Star Wars and wouldn't be caught dead in a lame Superman costume. Why can't I ever get it right?




This clone trooper is pretty serious about his job....


(Connor's costume from last year......) Isn't she cute :)




After Kate wore the dragon costume, Keith mentioned that she would be a great princess Leia so I was on it. I went to 5 Halloween stores looking for a costume and everything was either too big and/or way too expensive. So I managed to pull together an outfit but needed a wig. In the end Youtube saved the day - I watched a video demostrating how to make a Leia wig out of a towel. And it worked fabulously. And Kate was so ADORABLE wearing it. And her entire costume was less than $10. I love that!









Love the buns!

7 comments:

NaDell said...

Those are adorable Leia buns! I bet she could have wore ear muffs too. Very cute. It's so fun to dress the kids up for Halloween!

Ashlee Marie said...

LOVE the family theme (we do one every year, I think Starwars is next!) And Kate looks SO cute, good job!

Alice-Anne said...

Way to go on the star wars costumes...I LOVE the Leia buns! Way to go you and YouTube (what did we ever do without the internet?!)

Anonymous said...

Love the costumes...can't wait to come and see you guys, we are definatly getting excited. Let me know if we can bring anything (maybe a silly question?)

emily j said...

How about Cafe Rio? Is that possible?

rachel said...

so adorable....did she keep that thing on the entire time? I have to make myself one of those for myself for when I get out of the shower! Very stylish!

rachel said...

ps. I have the cafe rio sweet pork salad recipe...it's soooo yummy and I think it tastes just like the real thing!