Thursday, November 12, 2009

Enough already....

It has been the looooonnnnnnggggeeeeeessssstttttt week eeeeevvvvvvvveeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrr. Maybe that's a little dramatic but it's really been crazy. I am pretty sure I had the swine flu, and then Cameron has had some crazy stomach virus that has had him throwing up for 3 days. So far the amazing thing is that no one else has caught either the flu or the stomach virus. I am praying for a miracle here!!!! Anyway, I have decided that the hardest thing about being a mom, besides seeing your kids sick and suffering, is when you get sick. Who takes care of me????? And then I have these darling kids who need me 24-7 and don't seem to understand that I just need to take things easy for a little bit. Anyway, enough of that.......


As I am trying to focus on the positive, here are a few cute things the kids have been saying/doing lately:

Kate can't say her own name, she calls herself "cake." Which I probably would too, who wouldn't want to be called "cake"?!

Another cute Kate thing: Her favorite, most stated phrase is "I help you!" Phonetically it's more like "I hep you-oooo!" I think it speaks volumes about her personality, she is a very helpful child.

We saw some flags at half-mast for Veterans Day so I asked Cameron if he knew what a Veteran was. His respsonse: "Someone who used to work in the army or at Old Navy." I love that kid!

3 comments:

Kate said...

oh my goodness, I hope you are feeling better! That is so funny cause I had it too, but no one else did...but Gabe had something of a virus, just not sure if it was the same thing.
Hopefully no one else gets it!
Kate just sounds so darn cute, and that is so funny about Old navy, hilarious :)

Sandra said...

Ok, I am still laughing about the Old Navy comment. What an adorable kid!! It's so nice that Kate is such a helpful child, it's so nice (sometimes)!! :)
I am SO sorry you've been so sick! I can't believe you had swine flu (probably). That really stinks. I agree, it's hard being sick when you're a mom! I wish I could've helped you. Sending healthy vibes your way!! :)

Seriously... said...

so sorry you were sick, that is the WORST. I lucked out last january when I got really sick...my sister was still in town and I called her at 7 in the morning and told her to get over to my house ASAP. she did and took care of the kids all day so I could just lie in bed and wallow in self pitty. it was awesome. I've seen the lego advents...and keep wanting to get one....but the arguing over the legos has kept me from doing it. maybe i'll save my money and have to buy 2 next year...