Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sandy

Last week I was in Utah with Keith house hunting!  It sounds more fun in theory than it is in reality, unfortunately.  I am not a very good decision maker, especially when it comes to big things, and Salt Lake is such a huge area with so many options, that I felt pretty overwhelmed the entire time.  We spent the weekend driving and driving and driving, and trying to decide what locations we liked.  Then I spent a 12 hour day Monday with the realtor (Dave came since Keith had to work, and I was so grateful!) We found a house in Sandy that I liked, and a few others in Draper, and then that evening Keith checked the houses out too.  We liked the one in Sandy enough that the next day we made an offer, and after they countered and we countered, they accepted our offer.  Yay!  And then I went into shock thinking oh my goodness this happened so fast and is this really what we want???  A few more days for that to settle though and I am doing fine now.  So assuming everything goes well with the closing then we should be moving in by the beginning of December :)


OK so here's the story on the house.  It is in an awesome location at the end of a cul-de-sac and has the most beautiful view of the mountains.  The bedrooms are big and the house has been kept up really well.  It has a three car garage and an unfinished basement (I am so excited to have a basement again!)   The bad news is that it must have been decorated in the late 80s/early 90s because the inside is a floral wallpaper nightmare!!   So you have to use your imagination looking at the pictures and help us figure how to update it.  It's going to be awesome.  


Just a few pictures.....

View from the backyard.  I am so in love with this!!!!

Remember don't focus on colors, just potential :)



Master bedroom.  I don't know how these people slept at night, it's just so.....flowery.

Master bathroom.  Yes that's going to need some work too!!

Other bedrooms.....



A few more backyard shots.


I have been watching a lot of HGTV and I am welcoming all ideas.  Any thoughts?

5 comments:

Alice-Anne said...

First of all, you weren't kidding about that wallpaper! :) But I don't have interior design anything so I'm sure what you decide will be great! It definitely has LOTS of potential. I can tell it has such a homey feel to it...I love it! And your view of the mountains is awesome. I never get tired of seeing those gorgeous mountains. Your backyard looks like a perfect amount of space and I also love the fireplace in your bedroom. That is awesome! It stills seems unreal you guys are moving here. :)

The Bostons said...

LOVE THE HOUSE... a lot of potential! however, I don't have an eye or desire for my own home, so I don't have any suggestions.
I do love the view of the mountains though! It is beautiful!

Annie said...

Yeah! So E xcited!! You will be so close. I will come and help you peel wall paper, and we learned that Paint is amazing and the entire feel and look of the house will change with just a little pain. I have learned a bit about painting and will be happy to help you paint too. The view is gorgeous! Looks like you found a great house!

NaDell said...

My suggestion is to use a paint sprayer to paint the walls. I hear it takes much less time.
I think that house looks amazing. It's so big and nice. The windows are fun and Sandy is a great place to live.
When do you move?

Mom Lynnette said...

I am so excited for you to get here. We drove past the house and it looks great. The view from your back yard is wonderful! The pics look like a very nice home. I have had a lot of experience pealing wallpaper and would love to help. Let us know if we can help unload your pods when you get here. Can hardly wait!