Thursday, March 11, 2010

Snips and snails and puppy dogs tails

Today was a big day....the ultrasound! We found out we are having a BOY! I have to admit these were my first few thoughts immediately upon finding out:

1) Oh no! You mean I don't get to use all those cute girl clothes a second time?!

2) Wow. I am so glad I have Kate.

3) How will we do bedrooms with 3 boys and a girl?

I am laughing at the randomness of that, but for whatever reason that is where my mind went! But we are so so excited. The boys are very happy with the news, they are already planning to teach him everything he needs to know about Star Wars and how to fight with a light saber.....


As if today hasn't already been good enough, we are in the process of finalizing a trip to New York (yay!) And when I say "we" I mean me and Keith, no kids. Keith's parents are very sweet (and brave) and have offered to watch the kids for 4-5 days in early May when we go. Any ideas on what we HAVE to see? Keith has never been, and I spent one crazy whirlwind day there, so there are LOTS of options.

Life is very good :)

8 comments:

lindsy said...

Congratulations!! I love finding out what we're having. Such a relief =) Kate is one lucky sister!

The Bostons said...

Hooray for having a little "getaway" before all of the craziness with moving and a new baby! I am glad you're feeling great and have your trip to look forward to!

Alice-Anne said...

I love that you wrote down what went through your heard when you got the news...those were great! Congrats on another boy! I am glad you have, Kate, too!
Now you just have to come up with a name! Good luck with that!!!
Oh, and I'm SO glad NY has worked out! You deserve this break. I've never been so I don't have any recommendations (you'll have to pick Nelle's brain), but I'm sure you'll find plenty to do! Gary and I have decided that TRUE vacations are the ones we've gone on without kids. Enjoy! :)

Marci said...

Where have I been, under a rock?! Didn't know that you were even thinking #4 let alone well on your way. I think Corey's set on 3, so we'll see if we get to experience that again. Corey would love to take me to New York, but ONLY if we ditch the kids (the only way to really vacation) so I'm jealous! Have fun, and blog lots of pics.

rachel said...

yay for boys...you lucky duck...and if you're looking for a place for all your cute girl clothes to go, I know someone with a TON of girls!!!!!

Kate said...

yay for boys!! that is awesome! :)
Hope you are feeling good!
Can't wait to hear all about your trip! we are planning one to DC (with one night in NY) in the fall, can't wait to see pictures and everything!

Megan said...

Congratulations, Emily! Kate will get to remain the little princess. I think that is great for her. Have in New York. Super jealous.

Mom Lynnette said...

I finaly figured out how to get to your blog. Yeah! Boys are great! But you are sooo lucky to have that adorable little girl, her hair is so long! Have fun in New York. I had so much fun reading your blog you have a darling family. I hope you move close.